City Tripping #98
I am not the kind of person who buys their Christmas presents in August (although I’m happy to eat mince pies at any time of year). But with only a month to go, I think it’s time to start feeling festive – give me White Christmas over Black Friday any day.
So this weekend, we headed down to Hampton Court Palace to skate on the ice rink there (falls: one) with carols playing and lights sparkling. I’ve even been dreaming a little about my fantasy winter house which would surely come with plenty of snow.
It all seems a long way from the heat of Oman, when only a month ago we were exploring some of the country’s historic forts including the ancient capital of Nizwa. And happily I’ve got some winter sunshine to sustain me too, with a solo trip to the Gambia coming up! In the meantime, here are Wandermum‘s favourites from last week…
California Globetrotter – The beguiling charm of Gdansk, Poland
Ladies What Travel Central Park – An oasis in NYC
Baby Loves Travel – Going to the beach in London
Travelynn Family – Jaipur with kids: Top five things to do
Do link up your own favourite city travel posts this week. The rules are below – please do join in with the comments and don’t forget the #citytripping tag if you can. Here’s how the City Tripping linky works…
What is the City Tripping travel linky?
Welcome to the City Tripping linky which I co-host with the fabulous Wander Mum. City Tripping is the place to come and link up your city-related travel posts. We want to find out the best of things to do and see in the city, any city in the world, whether you are travelling as a family, a couple or with friends or it’s your home turf.
It could be a day out, a review of an attraction, long weekend or sharing your best insider info and hidden gems – as long as it is city-related travel.
How to join in the travel linky fun
- Link up one post – old or new. Please only link each post once.
- Please add the City Tripping badge to the bottom of the post or link back to either Mummytravels.com or Wandermum.co.uk – the badge code is below
- Posts must be about your travel experiences in a city – any city, from reviews of days out to longer breaks
- Please share the linky love and comment on the host’s linked posts and at least two others which take your fancy, using #citytripping so everyone knows where you’re visiting from
- Tweet us your links @wander_mum or @mummytravels along with the #citytripping hashtag and we will retweet to our followers
- We’ll be sharing your posts elsewhere on social media – we’d love it if you wanted to follow us there too: Wander Mum (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest) and MummyTravels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest)
- The City Tripping linky will go live every Tuesday morning until 23.55pm on Thursday and will alternate between Wander Mum and myself. We’ll be sharing our favourites every week too.
Image copyright MummyTravels