City Tripping #88
How often do you get to really explore your own city? To wander the streets like a tourist, camera in hand, drinking in all the little details? For me, not often enough.
So spending a few hours wandering along London’s South Bank with Maria from One Tiny Leap was a treat for more than one reason – checking out some of the highlights on this stretch of the Thames, from street art to landmarks, quirky details to gorgeous views, we’ve been finalising our plans for our guided Instawalk at Britmums Live this year.
Finishing at Borough Market where the food looks as good as it tastes was the icing on the cake – or possibly the spicy sauce in the burrito. Keep an eye on my Instagram Stories where I’m trying to share a bit more of my days between trips.
For now, I’m continuing to cast my mind back to Cambodia for this week’s City Tripping travel linky – here are Wandermum‘s favourites from last week…
The Conciergerie – Marie Antoinette’s prison – Exploring Our World
Why we swear by Essaouira – Travelynn Family
The Dubai Dream – Ladies What Travel
Dublin Weekend Itinerary – Learning Escapes
Do link up your own favourite city travel posts this week. The rules are below – please do join in with the comments and don’t forget the #citytripping tag if you can. Here’s how the City Tripping linky works…
What is the City Tripping travel linky?
Welcome to the City Tripping linky which I co-host with the fabulous Wander Mum. City Tripping is the place to come and link up your city-related travel posts. We want to find out the best of things to do and see in the city, any city in the world, whether you are travelling as a family, a couple or with friends or it’s your home turf.
It could be a day out, a review of an attraction, long weekend or sharing your best insider info and hidden gems – as long as it is city-related travel.
How to join in the travel linky fun
- Link up one post – old or new. Please only link each post once.
- Please add the City Tripping badge to the bottom of the post or link back to either Mummytravels.com or Wandermum.co.uk – the badge code is below
- Posts must be about your travel experiences in a city – any city, from reviews of days out to longer breaks
- Please share the linky love and comment on the host’s linked posts and at least two others which take your fancy, using #citytripping so everyone knows where you’re visiting from
- Tweet us your links @wander_mum or @mummytravels along with the #citytripping hashtag and we will retweet to our followers
- We’ll be sharing your posts elsewhere on social media – we’d love it if you wanted to follow us there too: Wander Mum (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest) and MummyTravels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest)
- The City Tripping linky will go live every Tuesday morning until 23.55pm on Thursday and will alternate between Wander Mum and myself. We’ll be sharing our favourites every week too.