City Tripping #54
If I close my eyes, I can still picture the incredible turquoise sea and blue sky of Providenciales in the Turks and Caicos islands, my tropical home for a few days last week.
Sitting shivering with the heating on as the rain lashes down outside, I think I’ve already forgotten what the sunshine felt like though! But it was a wonderful break, and there should be lots of posts to come (plus video and there are already photos on Instagram if you want a taste of paradise right now).
For now, I’m thinking about all things urban again for the City Tripping linky – having been to yet another location without a city to write about, I’m reminiscing about a different trip to Ljubljana around this time last year. Wander Mum valiantly held the fort solo last week, and these were her favourites:
A day at Ferrari World – Not My Year Off
Los Angeles day tour on the Rastabus – Tracy’s Travels in Time
Ancient cities of Jerash and Amman citadel – Kat Pegi Mana
Seattle: the gum wall – Hilary Style
Do link up your favourite city travel posts this week. The rules are below – please do join in with the comments and don’t forget the #citytripping tag if you can. Here’s how the City Tripping linky works…
What is City Tripping?
Welcome to the City Tripping travel linky which I co-host with the fabulous Wander Mum. City Tripping is the place to come and link up your city-related travel posts. We want to find out the best of things to do and see in the city, any city in the world, whether you are travelling as a family, a couple or with friends or it’s your home turf.
It could be a day out, a review of an attraction, long weekend or sharing your best insider info and hidden gems – as long as it is city-related travel.
How to join in the city fun
- Link up one post – old or new
- Please add the City Tripping badge to the bottom of the post or link back to either Mummytravels.com or Wandermum.co.uk – the badge code is below
- Posts must be about your travel experiences in a city – any city, from reviews of days out to longer breaks
- Please share the linky love and comment on both the hosts’ linked posts and at least two others which take your fancy, using #citytripping so everyone knows where you’re visiting from
- Tweet us your links @wander_mum and @mummytravels along with the #citytripping hashtag and we will retweet to our followers
- We’ll be sharing your posts elsewhere on social media – we’d love it if you wanted to follow us there too: Wander Mum (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest) and MummyTravels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest)
- The City Tripping linky will go live every Tuesday morning until 23.55pm on Thursday and will alternate between Wander Mum and myself. We’ll be sharing our favourites every week too.