City Tripping #50
I really have been City Tripping this week – two cities in two days (one new, one a revisit), even if they weren’t the original cities I’d expected to visit during half-term.
My planned trip to France had to be cancelled last week after all: cue panic mode as I scurried around finding a replacement. If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram you’ll have seen that Plan B ended up being lovely Devon, where I have fallen on my feet with a gorgeous new AirBNB property and been soundly rained on.
The forecast is looking up for the rest of the trip, so I have my fingers crossed for the kind of blue skies we had when we stopped off in Salisbury on our way to explore the cathedral.
As I hunt for cream teas and a decent WiFi signal, we’ve reached week #50 of the linky this week – which means that in two weeks’ time, the City Tripping travel linky will be celebrating its 1st birthday. I don’t want to let any cats out of bags but we’re hoping to have a little surprise if you check back.
In the meantime, our favourites from last week were:
Opus Anglicanum – Catherine’s Cultural Wednesdays
A visit to Vancouver – Diary of a Tourist
My top 10 New York City – Tracy’s Travels in Time
Do link up your favourite city travel posts this week. The rules are below – please do join in with the comments and don’t forget the #citytripping tag if you can. Here’s how the City Tripping linky works…
What is City Tripping?
Welcome to the City Tripping travel linky which I co-host with the fabulous Wandermum. City Tripping is the place to come and link up your city-related travel posts. We want to find out the best of things to do and see in the city, any city in the world, whether you are travelling as a family, a couple or with friends or it’s your home turf.
It could be a day out, a review of an attraction, long weekend or sharing your best insider info and hidden gems – as long as it is city-related travel.
How to join in the city fun
- Link up one post – old or new
- Please add the City Tripping badge to the bottom of the post or link back to either Mummytravels.com or Wandermum.co.uk – the badge code is below
- Posts must be about your travel experiences in a city – any city, from reviews of days out to longer breaks
- Please share the linky love and comment on the hosts’ two linked posts and at least two others which take your fancy, using #citytripping so everyone knows where you’re visiting from
- Tweet us your links @wander_mum and @mummytravels along with the #citytripping hashtag and we will retweet to our followers
- We’ll be sharing your posts elsewhere on social media – we’d love it if you wanted to follow us there too: Wandermum (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest) and MummyTravels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest)
- The City Tripping travel linky will go live every Tuesday morning until 23.55pm on Thursday and will alternate between Wandermum and myself. We’ll be sharing our favourites every week too.
LIKED THIS? FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN