City Tripping #16
Yesterday was a momentous day… for the first time in what seems like an aeon, I actually needed my sunglasses.
We might not have got close to double figure temperatures, but the sun shone and so Minnie and I raced to get outside with a day at Polesden Lacey National Trust property in Surrey, in the countryside between Dorking and Leatherhead.
Less than an hour from London, on the edge of several towns, it felt like we’d completely escaped the city. So to redress the balance, it must be time for another week of the City Tripping linky and a host of city travel blog posts.
I wonder how far we’ll get from this archetypal English scene? I’m remembering perhaps the smallest city I’ve ever visited – surely the smallest capital city I’ve been to, in the Turks & Caicos.
Thanks again to everyone who’s been linking up. If you aren’t sure of the rules, have another read below and don’t forget the #citytripping tag. In the meantime, here are some of our top picks for last week.
- Top European city breaks – Pod Travels
- Seeing Johannesburg for the first time – The Expat Partner’s Survival Guide
- A weekend break in Lille – A Family Day Out
- Dahlia Dreams – Bumble Bee Mum
Here’s how City Tripping all works… Please do follow our City Tripping Pinterest board too and let us know if you’d like an invitation to pin to it as well.
Welcome to the City Tripping travel linky which I co-host with the fabulous Wandermum. City Tripping is the place to come and link up your city-related posts. We want to find out the best of things to do and see in the city, any city in the world, whether you are travelling as a family, a couple or with friends or it’s your home turf.
It could be a day out, a review of an attraction, long weekend or sharing your best insider info and hidden gems – pretty much anything as long as it is city related.
- Link up one post – old or new
- Please add the City Tripping badge to the bottom of the post or link back to either Mummytravels.com or Wandermum.co.uk – the badge code is below
- Posts must be about your experiences in a city – any city, from reviews of days out to longer breaks
- Please share the linky love and comment on the two hosts’ posts and at least two others which take your fancy, using #citytripping so everyone knows you’re visiting from the linky
- Tweet us your links @wander_mum and @mummytravels along with the #citytripping hashtag and we will retweet to our followers
- We’ll be sharing your posts elsewhere on social media – we’d love it if you wanted to follow us there too: Wandermum (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest) and MummyTravels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest)
- The City Tripping linky 0101will go live every Tuesday morning until 23.55pm on Thursday and will alternate between Wandermum and myself. We’ll be sharing our favourites every week too.