City Tripping #108
What are your secrets for saving money on city breaks? I love a long weekend away, but they’re not always the cheapest holiday – especially in the world’s big cities.
So wherever I go, I normally check out city passes – and AirBNB* – along with free tours, and other discounts to keep the cost down. Although with a five-year-old exploring alongside me, the cost of painting the town red has dropped dramatically!
Porto was no exception, and my review of the Porto card city pass is my post for this week’s City Tripping travel linky. Here are Wander Mum’s favourites from last week…
Exploring Scandinavia: Bergen, Norway – The Pamplemousse Papers
5 days in Dubrovnik: An itinerary – Truly Madly Kids
15 things to do with the family in Ghent – A Family Day Out
Is York the best UK city destination for families? – Smudged Postcard
Do link up your own favourite city travel posts this week. The rules are below – please do join in with the comments and don’t forget the #citytripping tag if you can. Here’s how the City Tripping linky works…
What is the City Tripping travel linky?
Welcome to the City Tripping linky which I co-host with the fabulous Wander Mum. City Tripping is the place to come and link up your city-related travel posts. We want to find out the best of things to do and see in the city, any city in the world, whether you are travelling as a family, a couple or with friends or it’s your home turf.
It could be a day out, a review of an attraction, long weekend or sharing your best insider info and hidden gems – as long as it is city-related travel.
How to join in the travel linky fun
- Link up one post – old or new. Please only link each post once.
- Please add the City Tripping badge to the bottom of the post or link back to either Mummytravels.com or Wandermum.co.uk – the badge code is below
- Posts must be about your travel experiences in a city – any city, from reviews of days out to longer breaks
- Please share the linky love and comment on the host’s linked posts and at least two others which take your fancy, using #citytripping so everyone knows where you’re visiting from
- Tweet us your links @wander_mum or @mummytravels along with the #citytripping hashtag and we will retweet to our followers
- We’ll be sharing your posts elsewhere on social media – we’d love it if you wanted to follow us there too: Wander Mum (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest) and MummyTravels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest)
- The City Tripping linky will go live every Tuesday morning until 23.55pm on Thursday and will alternate between Wander Mum and myself. We’ll be sharing our favourites every week too.
*Disclosure: If you sign up using my AirBNB link, you’ll get £25 credit and I also get a bonus when you take your first trip. Our most recent trip to Porto involved and AirBNB stay, so I do genuinely recommend them.
Image courtesy of PixabayLIKED THIS? FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN