City Tripping #90
What happens when you take a couple of hundred bloggers, add some inspiration, an awards ceremony and a liberal helping of prosecco? In my case, the recipe for a fantastic weekend and a liver which is still not best pleased with me.
This weekend was the BritMums blogging conference – and the Bibs2017 awards, with huge congratulations to all the nominees and winners including the fabulous My Travel Monkey and One Tiny Leap. I took prolific notes, I caught up with lots of bloggers (and inevitably ran out of time to chat to as many as I wanted) and helped lead an Instagram walk along the South Bank.
Hampered only slightly by the fact that lots of the pop-up art and sculpture had popped off in the short time between planning the route and walking it – London certainly never is dull – it was lots of fun introducing people to one of my favourite parts of the capital. So much so, that I thought I’d write it up and share it with everyone for this week’s City Tripping linky – if you’re planning to visit London, you can’t miss a short walk along the Thames.
I’m looking forward to more travel inspiration today – and in the meantime, here are Wandermum‘s favourites from last week…
10 free things to do in New Orleans – Mini Adventures
Exploring Barcelona’s charming Gothic quarter – Fifi and Hop
Las Vegas – California Road Trip Finale – Mother of Teenagers
Do link up your own favourite city travel posts this week. The rules are below – please do join in with the comments and don’t forget the #citytripping tag if you can. Here’s how the City Tripping linky works…
What is the City Tripping linky?
Welcome to the City Tripping travel linky which I co-host with the fabulous Wander Mum. City Tripping is the place to come and link up your city-related travel posts. We want to find out the best of things to do and see in the city, any city in the world, whether you are travelling as a family, a couple or with friends or it’s your home turf.
It could be a day out, a review of an attraction, long weekend or sharing your best insider info and hidden gems – as long as it is city-related travel.
How to join in the travel linky fun
- Link up one post – old or new. Please only link each post once.
- Please add the City Tripping badge to the bottom of the post or link back to either Mummytravels.com or Wandermum.co.uk – the badge code is below
- Posts must be about your travel experiences in a city – any city, from reviews of days out to longer breaks
- Please share the linky love and comment on the host’s linked posts and at least two others which take your fancy, using #citytripping so everyone knows where you’re visiting from
- Tweet us your links @wander_mum or @mummytravels along with the #citytripping hashtag and we will retweet to our followers
- We’ll be sharing your posts elsewhere on social media – we’d love it if you wanted to follow us there too: Wander Mum (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest) and MummyTravels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest)
- The City Tripping linky will go live every Tuesday morning until 23.55pm on Thursday and will alternate between Wander Mum and myself. We’ll be sharing our favourites every week too.