City Tripping #43
Autumn seems to have arrived overnight here. Admittedly, the fact that I was eating pasteis de nata and ice cream in Portugal not too long ago may have made the contrast between blue skies and grey a bit more apparent.
For us, that ticking clock is ticking its final days before the start of school. Despite having thought about it and planned for it for most of 2016, I still feel remarkably unprepared.
So instead of ironing nametags into uniform (if I want them to stay in, best not to trust my sewing skills), I am browsing last-minute holiday websites to see what I can squeeze into our last bit of preschool time. I have a feeling it’s going to be a very spontaneous jaunt, but it’s an opportunity I don’t want to miss. And how much can she lose on day 1, right?
I’m looking forward to reading more about Wandermum’s Scandinavian adventures too – which have inspired me to dig out one of my old posts from neighbouring Denmark for this week’s City Tripping travel linky, hosted over on Wandermum. My favourites from last week are…
Weird and wonderful things to do in Edinburgh – Love from Scotland
Top tips for visiting the Sky Garden – Tots2Travel
20 Pictures to make you want to visit Gdansk – Eff It, I’m on Holiday
Malacca for kids – A Million Little Echoes
Do link up your favourite city travel posts this week. The rules are below – please do join in with the comments and don’t forget the #citytripping tag if you can. Here’s how City Tripping works…
Welcome to the City Tripping travel linky which I co-host with the fabulous Wandermum. City Tripping is the place to come and link up your city-related travel posts. We want to find out the best of things to do and see in the city, any city in the world, whether you are travelling as a family, a couple or with friends or it’s your home turf.
It could be a day out, a review of an attraction, long weekend or sharing your best insider info and hidden gems – as long as it is city-related travel.
How to join in the city fun
- Link up one post – old or new
- Please add the City Tripping badge to the bottom of the post or link back to either Mummytravels.com or Wandermum.co.uk – the badge code is below
- Posts must be about your travel experiences in a city – any city, from reviews of days out to longer breaks
- Please share the linky love and comment on the hosts’ two linked posts and at least two others which take your fancy, using #citytripping so everyone knows where you’re visiting from
- Tweet us your links @wander_mum and @mummytravels along with the #citytripping hashtag and we will retweet to our followers
- We’ll be sharing your posts elsewhere on social media – we’d love it if you wanted to follow us there too: Wandermum (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest) and MummyTravels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest)
- The City Tripping travel linky will go live every Tuesday morning until 23.55pm on Thursday and will alternate between Wandermum and myself. We’ll be sharing our favourites every week too.