City Tripping #40
Can you ever have too much travel? It’s a slightly rhetorical question given the subject of the blog, but while my heart always says ‘travel travel travel’, I’ve welcomed a quieter week at home this week.
I’ve been reminiscing about some of the everyday memories from travelling with my daughter over on YouTube and plotting a couple more trips before she starts school. Well… we have had a break after all!
As ever, there’s plenty of great inspiration in the City Tripping linky, with some fascinating tales from Europe this week making our top four picks – our favourites were:
The 200-year-old hospital for dolls in Naples – La Brutta Figura
The Berlin Bears – My Meena Life
Nine reasons you should visit the Lisbon Oceanario – Suitcases & Sandcastles
Florence, Italy – Away She Went
And a special shout-out to our top commenter of the week – which is a tie, this week. Both California Globetrotter and Bumblebee Mum had the same number of comments, so thanks to both of them and to everyone else who visits the other linkers to join in the conversation.
Do link up your favourite city post this week too. The rules are below – please do join in with the comments and don’t forget the #citytripping tag if you can (it makes it easier to work out our top commenter, for starters). Here’s how City Tripping works…
Welcome to the City Tripping travel linky which I co-host with the fabulous Wandermum. City Tripping is the place to come and link up your city-related travel posts. We want to find out the best of things to do and see in the city, any city in the world, whether you are travelling as a family, a couple or with friends or it’s your home turf.
It could be a day out, a review of an attraction, long weekend or sharing your best insider info and hidden gems – as long as it is city-related travel.
How to join in the city fun
- Link up one post – old or new
- Please add the City Tripping badge to the bottom of the post or link back to either Mummytravels.com or Wandermum.co.uk – the badge code is below
- Posts must be about your travel experiences in a city – any city, from reviews of days out to longer breaks
- Please share the linky love and comment on the two hosts’ linked posts and at least two others which take your fancy, using #citytripping so everyone knows where you’re visiting from
- Tweet us your links @wander_mum and @mummytravels along with the #citytripping hashtag and we will retweet to our followers
- We’ll be sharing your posts elsewhere on social media – we’d love it if you wanted to follow us there too: Wandermum (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest) and MummyTravels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest)
- The City Tripping linky will go live every Tuesday morning until 23.55pm on Thursday and will alternate between Wandermum and myself. We’ll be sharing our favourites every week too.