City Tripping #38
The next-door spot along this coast, it had been on my list of things to do, forgetting that Minnie and I can while away hours on a single beach. Herne Bay was no different: after fish and chips by the sea, Minnie borrowed a friend’s net and the pair of them splashed and fished in the shallows (catch: two pieces of seaweed and a variety of stones).
Inevitably Minnie also sat down in the sea and happily drenched herself from head to foot – thank goodness for organised friends with spare clothes. And then ice creams all round.
With rides on the pier and along the seafront, plus a few beach huts to photograph, I managed to squeeze in a slide on the helter-skelter with my daughter – and a rescue mission to the top of the huge inflatable slide when Minnie realised just how high up she was.
So after a taste of the UK coast, it’s back to the cities with this week’s City Tripping linky and a look back at last month’s trip to San Francisco and the Pacific Coast for me. Our favourites from last week are…
A bicycle tour of Soweto – Emm in London
Spirituality in the Baha’i House of Worship, Illinois – Passport Couture
Naples discovered through the five senses – La Brutta Figura
Taipei for Kids – A Million Little Echoes
And a special shout-out to our top commenter of the week – Bumblebee Mum who flew in to first place in a high commenting week – (thanks to everyone who comments, it fantastic to see how many of you are visiting all the other linkers).
Do link up your favourite city post this week too. The rules are below – please do join in with the comments and don’t forget the #citytripping tag if you can (it makes it easier to work out our top commenter, for starters). Here’s how City Tripping works…
Welcome to the City Tripping travel linky which I co-host with the fabulous Wandermum. City Tripping is the place to come and link up your city-related travel posts. We want to find out the best of things to do and see in the city, any city in the world, whether you are travelling as a family, a couple or with friends or it’s your home turf.
It could be a day out, a review of an attraction, long weekend or sharing your best insider info and hidden gems – as long as it is city-related travel.
How to join in the city fun
- Link up one post – old or new
- Please add the City Tripping badge to the bottom of the post or link back to either Mummytravels.com or Wandermum.co.uk – the badge code is below
- Posts must be about your travel experiences in a city – any city, from reviews of days out to longer breaks
- Please share the linky love and comment on the two hosts’ linked posts and at least two others which take your fancy, using #citytripping so everyone knows where you’re visiting from
- Tweet us your links @wander_mum and @mummytravels along with the #citytripping hashtag and we will retweet to our followers
- We’ll be sharing your posts elsewhere on social media – we’d love it if you wanted to follow us there too: Wandermum (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest) and MummyTravels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest)
- The City Tripping linky will go live every Tuesday morning until 23.55pm on Thursday and will alternate between Wandermum and myself. We’ll be sharing our favourites every week too.
LIKED THIS? GET MORE ON FACEBOOK
Herne Bay images copyright MummyTravels